The Colorado Delta Chapter involves the campus through our major annual philanthropies:
Every fall, Pi Phi CO Delta hosts the annual Polar Plunge where students, members, and faculty can pay a "ransom" to get various people to run into Clear Creek at Clear Creek Commons. In this fun day of music, games, food, and, of course, water, we have had PCJ, the President of Mines, professors, Greek Presidents, Pi Phi Members, and entire classes run in for our philanthropy!
Every spring, on the Sunday following the campus's E-Days Celebrations, Pi Phi hosts the annual Pi Phi Pheast where participants pay a small enterance fee for all you can eat pancakes and to support our philanthropy!
Outside of sisterhood, scholarship, and philanthropy, Pi Phis also recognize the importance of being involved at Mines and making the best out of their time not only involved in the sorority but also on campus. Our members are involved in everything ranging from honor societies to fun social clubs to varsity sports. Some of this involvement includes membership in well-respected national organizations such as Tau Beta Pi, or the National Society of Leadership and Sucess. A majority of our chapter also holds an additional leadership position in their club or organization. Our chapter members also hold Panhellenic Executive positions currently here at the Colorado School of Mines.
On such a diverse campus, it's a given that our members are involved in a number of other clubs and governing bodies on campus. To name a few, our members are:
- Founders and members of the Wells Project at Mines, a club which raises funds and awareness for the water crisis in Rwanda
- Officers and members of our campus's Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Officers and members of our campus's National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Executive Council Members of the Mines Activities Council, the programming board on campus responsible for events such as Homecoming, E-Days, etc
- Leaders of SAAVE, an organization which aids survivors of sexual and domestic absue, as well as survivors of interpersonal violence in and around Golden
- Members of Navigators - a Christian organization
- Members of Blue Key - an honor society whose goals are to promote Mines Spirit and advocate the ideals of college life
- Members of the Club Rugby Team
- Members of the Philosophy Club
- Members of the Club Lacrosse Team
- Members of the acroyoga club