Every fall, Pi Phi CO Delta hosts the annual Polar Plunge where students, members, and faculty can pay a "ransom" to get various people to run into Clear Creek at Clear Creek Commons. In this fun day of music, games, food, and, of course, water, we have had PCJ, the President of Mines, professors, FSL Presidents, Pi Phi Members, and entire classes run in for our philanthropy!
Every spring, on the Sunday following the campus's E-Days celebrations, CO Delta hosts the annual Pi Phi Pancake Pheast where participants pay a small fee for all-you-can-eat pancakes and toppings! All proceeds go towards the Pi Beta Phi Foundation's Literacy Fund, promoting children's literacy.
DODGE FOR A CAUSE
In March 2022, we hosted our first annual Dodge for a Cause with the Kappa Sigma Fraternity! Teams of 6-9 members can pay a small fee to play in a dodgeball tournament in Lockridge Arena on campus. All funds go towards the Pi Beta Phi Foundation's Literacy Fund and Kappa Sigma's Wounded Heroes Campaign. The winning team receives a few gift cards to local restaurants! Pi Phis can participate or volunteer as referees, announcers, check-in table monitors, or work tabling to advertise the event!
MEMBER INVOLVEMENT ON CAMPUS
Outside of sisterhood, scholarship, and philanthropy, Pi Phis also recognize the importance of being involved at Mines and making the best out of their time not only involved in the sorority but also on campus. Our members are involved in everything ranging from honor societies to fun social clubs to varsity sports. Some of this involvement includes membership in well-respected national organizations such as Tau Beta Pi, or the National Society of Leadership and Success. A majority of our chapter also holds an additional leadership position in their club or organization. Our chapter members also hold Panhellenic Executive positions currently here at the Colorado School of Mines.
On such a diverse campus, it's a given that our members are involved in a number of other clubs and governing bodies on campus. To name a few, our members are:
- Leaders on campus in Mines Peer Mentor Program
- Officers and members of our campus's Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Officers and members of our campus's National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Executive Council Members of the Mines Activities Council, the programming board on campus responsible for events such as Homecoming, E-Days, etc
- Leaders of the Peer Educator Program, which promotes mental health education and resources
- Leaders of SAAVE, an organization which aids survivors of sexual and domestic abuse, as well as survivors of interpersonal violence in and around Golden
- Members of Blue Key - an honor society whose goals are to promote Mines Spirit and advocate the ideals of college life
- Members of the Ski Team
- Members of the Club Rugby Team
- Members of the Club Volleyball Team
And so much more!